Business Administration - Entrepreneurship
Learn how to take your idea from concept to creation while gaining a solid foundation in business practices.
Students in the BBA in Entrepreneurship program can focus their studies around business creation and self-employment while obtaining hands-on practical entrepreneurial experience.
The BBA in Entrepreneurship is one of several specialized programs only on campus in Sudbury by the Laurentian University Faculty of Management. The Faculty of Management develops socially responsible leaders for the global business world by providing flexible management education grounded in respected scholarship. Innovative and collaborative, BBA specialized programs provide students with the opportunity to obtain a four-year Bachelor of Business Administration degree in the following areas: Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human Resources Management, International Management, Marketing and Operations Management, besides a Bachelor of Business Administration. A Laurentian Bachelor of Business Administration degree means that students can meet employer demands for candidates well-diversified and flexible.
The BBA in Entrepreneurship program allows you to study full-time or part-time. It focuses on developing skills that will allow you to start your own business (even before graduating if you are ready for action, there's even a credited Venture Launching course within the program) and/or advise others in planning and starting a business venture (whether it's profit-oriented or a social organization). During your studies at Laurentian's Faculty of Management, you may be able to contribute to research projects and leave your mark on yoru community.
The Jim Fielding Innovation and Commercialization Space, located in the Cliff Fielding Research, Innovation and Engineering Building offers students the space, the equipment, and mentorship needed to foster their innovative ideas, develop new products and can help them reach the marketplace.
Dr. Patricia Orozco
- You may benefit from an entire year of practical field experience through business co-op internship (within the 4-year program, some conditions are required, otherwise there is a placement course).
- Travel with the International Student Exchange Program: Laurentian University is among the only three Canadian universities to give students the opportunity to study in one of 260 member institutions in more than 30 countries around the world.
- Study in small classes which allow for more interaction among students and direct access to professors at upper year levels.
In June 2019, Laurentian University had its international EPAS accreditation renewed for its Bachelor of Business Administration and BAA program as well as its Bachelor of Commerce in Sports Administration (B.COM. SPAD). With this international recognition, Laurentian Faculty of Management students gain additional qualifications as well as competitive advantage on the world labour market.
Click here for more information on EPAS Accreditation.
If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you must complete your application through the Ontario Universities Application Center (OUAC).
For detailed instructions on the application process, see the How to Apply: Undergraduate Studies page.
Apply Now as a Domestic Applicant
If you’re an international applicant, you must fill out the International Application Form.
For detailed instructions on the application process, see the How to Apply: International Students page.
Apply Now as an International Applicant
The degree options listed below are for the upcoming academic year, not the current academic year. If you are a current student looking for which courses to take in order to complete your degree options from a previous academic year's curriculum, please consult with an academic advisor.
List of Faculty Members
Diversified and Qualified Sessional Members:
- Ansell, Mathieu J.D firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barrie, Catherine CGA, MBA email@example.com
- Berry, Timothy CPA/CMA, MBA firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bourgeois, Cédric J.D email@example.com
- Bourgeois, Daniel CPA firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bowen, James Ph.D email@example.com
- Burke, James (Jim) MES, MCE firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chartrand, Guy MBA email@example.com
- Coltman, Glenn MBA firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finidori, Alexandru MBA email@example.com
- Lakhal, Salem Ph.D firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laughren, Tannys MBA email@example.com
- LeBreton, Joanne CPA, MBA firstname.lastname@example.org
- Levesque, Kayla CPA, MBA email@example.com
- Little, Andrew LL.B firstname.lastname@example.org
- McInstosh, Marlene Med, MBA email@example.com
- Mombourquette, Peter Ph.D firstname.lastname@example.org
- Munro Medina, Michelle MBA email@example.com
- Pakkar, Mohammad Ph.D firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reyburn, Robert MBA email@example.com
- Ricard, Imane B.A.A, M.Sc firstname.lastname@example.org
- Romenco, Sean MBA email@example.com
- Valverde, Raul Ph.D firstname.lastname@example.org